Not a huge fan of memes, but I've just finished drilling my brain with financial records stuff at TAFE and now I just want to do something to unwind. I saw this in ~Jaegerofice
's journal, and it didn't have the usual crap you see in most memes such as what colour my undies are (who the hell would answer that, let alone write it on a blog visible to the public?
Anyway, to the point, here it is:
The Game Meme. Or something.
1. What was the first video game you have ever played?
Some Atari games I don't actually think have a name. There was a variation of frogger though, bowling, a flag game, a game with tanks, golf, etc.
2. What was your first console?
Atari (some model from the 80's)
3. Have you ever visited a video game arcade?
Yeah, but only once or twice.
4. What was your first handheld?
5. What was the first game you've beaten/cleared completely?
It was either Sonic 2 or Alex Kidd.
6. Games based off of real sports: Yay or Nay?
NAY. except for Bloodbowl; that looks interesting...
7. Online games: Yay or Nay?
Yay, but slow internets and cruddy computer make them slow to load and play.
8. Puzzle/Strategy games: Yay or Nay?
9. Do you play any Massively Multiplayer Online RPG (MMORPG) games?
Only Warhammer Online (or used to, until my computer stopped being able to run it; would have stopped playing when I lost my job anyway though)
10. Do you play any virtual pet games?
Yes... but not alot.
11. Do you play any RPGs?
Yeah, I like the Elder Scrolls games.
12. Do you play any Platformer games?
I think so; I assume platformer means a 3D-like game such as Spyro or Ape Escape?
13. What was the first game/console/handheld of yours that stopped working?pokemon yellow.
14. Do you actually care if a game has a plot or do you just play games for the gameplay?
Yes! Games without plot piss me off. It just doesn't work for me if there's no plot (except for classic games like pac man which don't really need a plot... hope that makes sense).
15. Name a few video game characters that are your favorites.
Elites and Grunts from the Halo series, Stranger and Abe from the Oddworld series, Sonic and Knuckles, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Kung Lao, Sonya Blade and several others from the Mortal Kombat series, Gon and Yoshimitsu from the Tekken series, and just about any Ork from Dawn of War series (that's what got me into Orks, previously I only liked tyrannids). Oh and Alien and PReds from the games, but alas, they were movies first so I don't think they count.
16. Name a few series that are your favorites
Soinc (Sega series, the new games are crap), Halo, Mortal Kombat, Tekken.
17. Has a video game ever made you cry?
Almost... but not quite. and only coz somethign really sad happened! Not because I got angry and/or frustrted.
18. Has a video game character annoyed you so much that you wanted them removed from the game?
Probably, but I can't remember any specifically.
19. Do you "pair" or "ship" characters up with one another?
20. Do you write video game fanfiction?
21. Do you draw video game fanart?
22. Do you come up with theories on how a character came to be/what he or she would do in a situation/why he or she is moody/etc?
Not unless I'm using them in a fanfic; and that's to try and keep them in character. It's kinda hard though.
23. Are you a fanboy/fangirl of any character?
I guess I am in some aspects
24. Hardest Boss Battle?
Ecco the Dolphin in general HAD THE MOST RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT BOSSES IN EXISTENCE. Then there is also the boss at the end of Vexx. Oh and Starscream and Tidal wave on the hardest difficulty on the TF: Armada game for PS2 were also practically immortal. Ever tried to kill a trasformer who was literally the size of a battleship and you're probably no bigger than his big toe!?
25. Most Frustrating Boss Battle?
VEXX. I hate the end boss. Never been able to beat it.
26. Most Rewarding Boss Battle?
Sonic 2 I think; it was always exciting defeating Dr. Robotnic's egg robot thing and metal sonic back in the day you couldn't save games.
27. Funnest Boss Battle?
Pretty much any of the bosses from Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
28. Most Boring Boss Battle?
Alex Kidd's dad
It was rock-paper-scissors. I mean, yeah, the whole game revolves around it, but I kinda expected more fro the final boss...
29. Boss Battle that dragged out for a long, long time?
Hmmmm... there are probably others, but the one that comes to mind is when you fight Tartarus in Halo 2 on Legendary - I swear to god that some weapons literally had no effect on him. Learnt that the hard way.
30. Boss Battle with the coolest music?
Some of the Final Fantasy games, but there was only a couple and I can't remember specifically which games they were from. Either 7, 8 or 9. And there is likely other games, but I can't remember.
31. Most surprising Boss Battle?
32. What's your all time favorite villain?
I can't just pick one.
So here's three: Aliens (xenomorphs), Starscream, Scorpion.
33. What's your all time least favorite villain?
Uhhhh... Space Marines. Oh wait... d'oh!
(I like Orks, so smurfs are the villains in my eyes I guess).
34. Do you ever feel sorry for the villains?
I'm a sympathiser for sure.
35. Are there any villains that seem like they should be playing for the good guys, but aren't?
Disregarding WH40K because that's complicated and not exactly black and white in terms of bad guys... I'd say Jin from Tekken? (the youngest of the family that can turn into the devil thing I think). His grandfather's an asshole, but he seems to have some potential for being good thanks to his mother (but don't quote me on that, I haven't played the most recent game).
36. Most malicious villain?
Tartarus and the Prophet of Truth I suppose... they're both genocidal megalomaniacs.
37. Most suprising villain?
Kilik from Soul Caliber 2 - apprantly he murdered his whole family? I thought he was a good guy until I heard/read that.
38. What is your all-time favorite 2D Game? (Genesis/SNES generation)
Again, can't narrow this down to just one: Sonic 2, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ecco the Dolphin.
39. What's your favorite 3D game? (PS1/N64 generation)
That game was awesome.
40. What's your favorite arcade game?
Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.
41. What's your favorite next-gen game? (Wii/PS3/Xbox360)
Halo and Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
42. Sequels/long series: Yay or nay?
Can't tell - all series are different. For example, Halo is getting old for me... but I wish they'd make more Alien and/or Predator games (haven't been able to play the new one!)
43. What's your favorite Online Game?
44. What's your favorite console?
45.What's your favorite handheld?
Pretty much whatever Nintendo invents.
46. Have you ever got yourself involved in a "console war"?
No, that's silly.
47. Have you ever defended a character/game/console you liked in an argument? Which one?
I had a "friend" who pretty much used to argue against anything
I said, so when at school, I'd argue about how Halo is a game
and therefore not everything in it HAS to be based on fact
. A game is a game people. There s no need to emphasis the Spartan armour (MJOLNIR I think) is or isn't plausable. WHO GIVES A CRAP!?
48. Name a game that you like but everyone else seems to hate.
Naruto: The Broken Bond. I like being a friggin ninja okay? Though I do like the Ps3 one better - it's more of a 3D arena
49. Name a character that you like but everyone else seems to hate.
Rock Lee and Gai? Why is it so bad to wear spandex; I mean, c'mon, give it a rest please
. I know there are actually alot of Rock Lee fans on DA, but IRL, my friends and family think I'm weird for being a fan of his. And yeah, I know, The manga and anime came before the game... but they were the only ones who came to mind.
50. Name a game that you hate but everyone else seems to like.
51. Name a character that you hate but everyone else seems to love.
Pyramid Head. WTF People, wtf... I mean, yeah, he's good to make jokes about sometimes, but that's where my tolerance for that character ends.
52. Have you ever stopped before you finished a game because it was too frustrating to go on?
Most Sega games lol. Infact, there was one game my siblings and I could not get past the first 30 seconds it was so retardly hard ("Another World").
53. Will you stop at NOTHING to get 100% in a video game?
No; that's too much of a waste of time. And besides, nowadays you need Xbox live to get more than HALF the frigging achievements!
54. Have you ever injured yourself at a video game?
No, though head aches used to be quite common for me mostly because of my eyes.
55. Has a horror/survival genre video game scared you to the point that you refused to finish the game? Did you get nightmares from said game?
56. Have you ever thrown a controller/disc/cartridge in a fit of frustration?
Not that I'd remember doing so.No, because my and/or my siblings were the ones who paid for them in the first place.
57. Do you need to blow/clean certain games to get them to play?
Sega game cartridges we would, but only to help not because they weren't actually working.
58. Have you ever played a game for so long that you missed sleep over it?
59. Were you ever involved in the Pokemon craze?
It was kind of unavoidable; I was in year 4 when that started.
60. Last, but not least: Do you picture yourself playing video games 10, 20, or even 30 years from now?
Yes, and most certainly if virtual reality becames... reality!
I realised about a third of the way through this I actually did this meme a very long time ago
. It was interesting to compare answers; some things changed, and others were consistent.Tags
Oh, and of course, anyone can choose to do this meme - but I'm not tagging anyone in particular.